Thursday 25 August 2011

I am back!!!

Firstly... I need to apologise for being a bad blogger...
I have still been busy creating but never seem to find
time to post on here... then as time goes on...
I don't know where to start...
so I have made the decision to start with the most
recent and maybe throw a few oldies in along the way...

I hope that's ok with you?!!

A couple of weeks ago I went to a demonstration by
the very talented Karen Hall at Crafty Bunch...
as usual I came away so inspired...
First job was to get my distress inks organised...
I am ashamed to say they were in a box above my desk...
you see.. I do use them... I think they are fab...
however... I am a walnut stain girl...
and it is hard to break a habit...

Then on Sunday I went out with the very lovely Mrs Jones...
Whilst out I stumbled across a "lovely" dvd storage unit...
I very quickly snapped it up... you see...
it needed rescuing...and I had plans!!!

When home it was sanded back...
through the mahogany varnish...
and the beech veneer...
until I found the bare chipboard...


Then it was covered using some beautiful kraft tissue
papers that were a gift from a while back...
you know the ones that you save for best...
the perfect time to open them!!!

So... using PVA watered down I covered the unit
with the distressed paper...


I then added scrabble pieces... thanks mom x


and some old stamps to the top...


and the sides...


Then I used my new friend Erika to label
all of my ink pads... isn't she beautiful?!!!


Each ink pad has a piece of foam...
no excuses now!!!

Finally... I made a colour chart from tags...
What beautiful colours!!!


This is the unit finished...
I hope you like it...
I certainly had fun making it!!!

Anyway... thanks for popping by...
I will be back soon...

Nicky
xxx

6 comments:

  1. Great to have you back nicky missed you in blog land, omg I am so envious of your typewriter! She is so cool and I just love that distress ink storage!!! you is well clever xx
    Kazx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back!!
    Love your storage unit.Really jealous.
    But a brilliant idea.
    Take care,kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great storage idea Nicky and brilliantly decorated.Good to see you back. Can't wait to see what else you have been up to.

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nicky,Just me the biggest techno phob in the world. Just saw what you did with the dvd storage and had to tell you it is simply fabaroonie. Can't wait to see what you do next.Ange

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nicky
    Just wanted to say thankyou for the lushious bag you made as a gift from your mom, it is fab, never done one myself sooo one day when I can figure all the pieces and measuremants out if you don't mind me using it as a template would love to have a go myself.

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vicki... so pleased you like it... I can post it on here now that Mom has given it to you... If you want me to post out the template just email me
    nicholaharrison@hotmail.co.uk
    It would be lovely to meet you one day... Mom thinks alot of you and will really miss you at work!
    Anyway... thanks for your kind comments and for following my blog...
    Take care... Nicky xxx

    ReplyDelete